Wednesday 31 December 2014

New year.. More Faith, Hope and Love

The end of the year is always a time to reflect. Looking back it has already been 2.5 years since I started this blog. I always talk about being so blessed all time but I don't think it's because I'm lucky, it's because I have a powerful guide, protector and mighty God behind me. 

What have I learnt in 2014?

Stay faithful, hopeful and loving. Faith is my favourite (and sometimes the hardest to have)  because I feel it drives us so much in our lives and affects our attitude in life. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in God but if you have faith you will stay hopeful and you will show love. We've seen so much hatred in this world because someone has lost faith in something which has caused them to see no hope and therefore show no love to people... And then people end up getting hurt. 

One of my favourite coffee places (Coffee Lab) recently posted this up and I think it is really nice and true:

"Faith makes all things possible
Hope makes all things work
Love makes all things beautiful".

This year I participated in a coffee secret santa which runs exactly on this. With faith you trust that this idea would work and hence the organisers putting in hours of work to make it happen, hope that you will receive coffee from someone else and so you will do the same, and love so you will get them the best coffee you can get (and maybe more).  It was an interesting experience and I've never seen so much excitement and positivity from any group. That's how we should be especially as Christians to make a positive impact.

Annabel reminds me everyday to have a kid-like appreciation to life. She claps every time she does something well, for herself. Sometimes we do need a bit of self encouragement too or we get beat down and think we aren't capable to do things. She gets excited at the tiniest things and laughs at the simplest things like our dogs chasing each other or their tail. As we grow up we lose this appreciation and start to become bitter and cynical.

What has happened in 2014?

A LOT. My grandma passed away. Annabel turned 1. I got a new job that is part time and close to home. I helped a friend deliver her baby. I got to go Christchurch and Melbourne. Annabel learning to crawl, stand and now walking confidently. She can also feed herself which makes things messy but fun. She is getting her own personality - a very determined, cheeky, outgoing (most of the time) little girl. And then there are also the times when she is naughty and is selective about what she wants. Starting my Certificate in Christian Studies and getting a really good grade in my first theological paper!!

We really thank God everyday for giving us a solution that was better than we had thought. Both of us were able to go part time so she gets us full time. The biggest challenge for us was to negotiate how we would parent her and the differences were a lot more than what I had thought! However, we have worked through that... So here's to the next year of challenges as she hits "terrific/terrible twos!!"

What will I do in 2015?

Same answer as usual. I don't know. I feel at peace with this "certain uncertainty" (quoted from Pastor Steve Furtick... I think!) because it makes things more interesting but mainly because it allows God to give me the best in my life. I know as a career counsellor there is definitely no certainty in any job so what we should work towards is how we will manage this change when it hits us. Just like our work situation, I couldn't have asked/dreamed of a better workplace, flexibility and being able to go home and it's still daylight is amazing.

There are a few things I will continue to do: I still hope I can be an inspiration to people, help those in need in particular spiritual/emotional needs, be a great mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, colleague, servant of God.

There are apparently a few runs I'm supposed to participate in as well... So watch this space! Haha

Here's to another exciting year!! 🎉🎉🎉



No comments:

Post a Comment